I started this last night while I was waiting for my husband to get back from Wales and Katie to get back from the Harry Potter book launch in Milton Keynes.
Frank was stuck on the motorway just outside Wales as many of the roads were cut off due to flooding. He was stationary from 6pm until just after midnight, when the police, who had opened up a gap in the central reservation in order to turn the cars around, got to where Frank was. I went to bed after Katie had told me about the party, which was around 1am and Frank finally got home around 3.15am.
I started the ATC and then as I was on my own, decided to finish it. One down, eight more to go! I don't think they will all be identical but as similar as I can make them.
The picture on the left is after laying down the pale blue wash for the background.
The right hand picture now has the yellow added to give the cala lily some colour.
The left hand picture here has had the green added to the leaves and to the flower and the final picture on the right has had brown accents added and the ATC has been matted onto some gold paper and then put onto cardstock.
I used watercolour paper for this so that the twinkling H2Os would give a proper watercolour effect.